To continue growing as dancers and to enhance our performance skills and provide fresh material to our students, we constantly invest in taking private and group master classes from visiting master teachers and performers. We also take “tango safaris” abroad to study intensively.
For tango teachers, there’s no substitute for spending time in Buenos Aires soaking up the environment of tango’s birthplace. Every year since 2003, we’ve ‘headed south’ to study with our favorite teachers, sometimes for as long as a month or more. In 2005, we initiated our partnership with Luciana Valle in the acclaimed TangoIntensivo(tm) sessions in Buenos Aires and in 2007 we initiated our TangoEncuentro(tm) festivals in Boulder, Colorado in close cooperation with Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne.
Our primary tango study has included private and group classes with (in chronological order of first lesson): Daniel Trenner, Rebecca Shulman, Valeria Solomonoff, Anne-Marie Duquette, Brooke Burdett, Florencia Taccetti, Zoraida Fontclara, Diego Alvarez, Luciana Valle, Omar Vega, Brigitta Winkler, Gustavo Naveira & Olga Besio, Tomas Howlin & Chantal Dauphinais, Carlos Gavito & Marcela Duran, Fernanda & Guillermo Merlo, Cacho Dante, Julio Balmaceda & Corina de la Rosa, “El Indio” & Mariana, Rodrigo, “Joe” Corbata, Diego Di Falco & Carolina Zokalski, Damian Esell & Nancy Louzan, Miguel Angel “Pepino” Balbi, Facundo & Kely, Fabian Salas & Carolina, Alex Krebs, Eduardo Cappussi & Mariana Flores, Miriam Larici & Hugo Patyn, Milena Plebs & Ezequiel Farfaro, Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne, Mauricio Castro accompanied by Carla Marano & so many more great maestros!
Special mention must also be made of:
- the introduction to tango offered in 1997 by Colorado Tango teachers Scott McLane, Tom Stermitz & Nina Pesochinsky
- the seminal early influence in 1997 & ongoing inspiration of Daniel Trenner
- Daniel’s life-changing Bridge to the Tango ’98 tours to Buenos Aires including the ’99 advanced seminario with Gustavo Naveira & Olga Besio
- working on staff with the magical Brigitta Winkler on her Bridge to the Tango Berlin 2000 tour
- Rodrigo “Joe” Corbata’s challenging tango stagecraft workshop series
- Julio & Corina’s ongoing inspiration
- our powerful collaboration & training with Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne
- the innovative & edgy insights of Mauricio Castro
- the stunningly inspiring dance of Mariano “Chicho” Frumboli (see here for an example)
- Luciana Valle’s profound, challenging & remarkably brilliant influence as teacher, colleague & friend in our personal & professional lives